Pierella Ecological Garden is a Forest dedicated to the conservation, research, export and ecological tourism in the area of the rain forest where you can admire the beauty of the butterflies grown in the area.
The exhibition of the Butterfly has a great variety of butterflies flying in a greenhouse in which hundreds of butterflies live. Here you can learn about the metamorphosis, cultivation and development in a place adapted for all species to feel like in their natural environment.
A great educational experience will live as from the beginning of the tour through our facilities the hosts will welcome you and explain to you the whole process of cultivating butterflies.
We also have a frog farm in danger of extinction and a large variety of animals.
Display of live butterflies strong>
In Our Garden You will find a great variety of butterflies flying in a greenhouse where hundreds of butterflies live. Here you can learn about the metamorphosis, cultivation and development in a place adapted for all species to feel like in their natural environment. Also in greenhouse you can see other species of animals.
We have natural ponds adapted to a natural habitat in order to house frogs in extinction.
Butterfly cultivation for export and commercialization.
Our great experience in the field allows us to carry out the cultivation of butterflies to be exported in order to conserve the species.
Special Events strong>
We offer our clients the service of sale of live butterflies to free in celebrations and special events such as birthdays, weddings or others.
Food service strong>
We have food service by Reservation Breakfasts, Lunches and Dinners cooked by wood stove.
Green Classroom strong>
Pierella Ecological Garden offers a great educational experience, since we have pupae or buds, where you can witness the phenomenon of metamorphosis. Driven by an Environmental Guide you will appreciate the baby butterflies.
Description of the Pierella Ecological Garden.
The Pierella Ecological Garden has several attractions to offer: strong>
* 5 hectares of reclaimed forest
* 1000mts of easily accessible trails
* A lagoon, where the Purple Gallinule nests and where you can see the American Pygmy Kingfisher, a cocodrile and much more.
* 3 springs of water and at the bottom is the river «Puerto Viejo»
* Butterfly Garden
* Natural frogs pounds
* Botanical Garden with Medicinal Plants
* Rustic Rancho in the middle of the forest where talks and typical Lunch are offered
A visitor can always easily see: strong>
* Butterflies, eggs, larvae, pupae …
* Red Eyed Frog
* Blue-and-yellow-green frogs
* Around 15 different species of butterflies
* White bats.
* Insects such as Praying Mantis, Walking stick, Mimetics or leaf insects.
* Around 40 different species of birds and many nest.
Birdchatching easily: strong>
* Different types of carpenters
* Different types of Tangaras
* Purple gallinule
* Pygmy Kingfisher
January to April strong> Start of bird nesting. Hummingbird, manakin, jakamar nests are easily observed.