■ Our Guided Tour:
Pierella Ecological Garden is a Private nature reserve which has 5 hectares of Tropical rainforest. We have been dedicated to wildlife conservation, research, export of butterflies and ecotourism in Sarapiqui area where you can admire the beauty of the nature that tropical rainforest of Costa Rica offers us, to humans.
Our trails are well maintained by us so handicapped people can also participate in our tour.
During our nature guided walk tour you can observe various kinds of fauna such as:
– Birds such as Humming birds, Toucans, Manakins, Tanagers, warblers.
Note:From January to April, nesting of various kinds of birds such as Hummingbirds, manakins, jakamar start during that season, visitores can observe their nest.
– Frogs such as Red-eyed tree frog, 2 types of Poison dart frog (Strawberry and Green and Black) and if you are lucky tiger frog.
– Lizards such as Green basilisk, brown basilisk, helmeted basilisk and famous green iguana.
– Mammals such as 2 types of sloth (three and two toed), White honduran bat and if you participate in our night tour (visitors who stay at our accommodation can participate) might be able to see Nine-banded armadillo!
– Butterflies such as Famous Blue morpho, caligo (owl butterfly), Heliconiinae and so on.
We have butterfly farm in our garden, visitors will see great variety of butterflies flying in a green house!!
We teach about natural history of varios kinds of wildlife and you can learn about the metamorphosis,cultivation and development of butterflies which are native species of Costa Rica.
We also have a frog farm where you can see one the most iconic specie of Costa Rica, Red-eyed tree frog!!
■ Special Events:
We can offer our clients the service of sale of live butterflies to free in celebrations and special events such as birthdays, weddings or other special event.
■ Food Service:
We can prepare delicious and traditional costarican meal which is cooked by wood stove for Breakfasts, Lunches and Dinners.
If you need food service during your visit, please inform us before your visit or stay at our garden.
Note: If you have some kinds of food restriction, please also inform us in advance.
■ Green Classroom:
We can offer a great educational experience for costarican and international students. Students can learn about wildlife conservation, ecosystem of tropical rainforest of Costa Rica and observe various kinds of fauna and flora!!
■ Accommodation Service:
In our garden, we have
■ Other Facilities:
– Botanical garden with medicional plants.
– Souvenir such as bookmark which is made by real butterflies wings, necklace and so on.
– Rest rooms